Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 6 - Cheesy Chips

I've been told I need to up the amount of greens and veggies in my diet and reduce the amount of fruit. But I like fruit in my green smoothies. Oh well, I guess it won't hurt to back off a little at a time ... as I sit here and munch on watermelon.

Breakfast: GRAWnola with Almond Milk, Raisins and Bananas

Mid-morning: Juice of 2 Grapefruits.

Afternoon: Green Smoothie consisting of 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 avocado, juice of 1 lime, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 tsp wheat grass powder and 1/3 of a pineapple. I tried to drink this without the pineapple but it just wasn't happening. I added the pineapple to make it palatable for me.

Dinner: I had cheesy kale coating left over from making Cheesy Kale Chips, so I spread it on my Energy Flat Bread, and topped it with chopped tomatoes and mushrooms and had a few slices. Alkaline Water.

I keep reading about how AWESOME these Cheesy Kale Chips are so I decided to make them today. They are in the dehydrator as I type this. Can't wait to try them but they probably won't be ready till tomorrow afternoon.

Today was another day where I had very little to eat. Just not hungry but lots of energy. Raw (or live) food is nutritionally satisfying because the nutrients and enzymes haven't been cooked out of it. I'm satisfied nutritionally but not getting enough calories. And most of my diet is fruit. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment