Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 5 - Pizza anyone?

Wow, what a productive day. I was busy, busy in the kitchen playing with raw food! I pretty much ate all day! I can definitely feel the energy level soaring, The spring in my step is coming back and running up and down the stairs no longer hurts my knees ... in just five days of LIVE food!! Yeah baby!!

But before I started playing with raw food I made hubby lunch. He wanted to go to Mickey D's but I told him lunch would be served at Vicki B's instead! This was his healthy alternative to the Big Mac and Fish Filet that he wanted. Tuna in romaine leaves, pineapple, watermelon, grapes and carrots. He can thank me for saving his life!! lol. Fortunately, he really enjoyed his lunch and ate every morsel! Yay!

As for me, I started out Day 5 of the 31-day challenge with juiced carrots, cucumber, kale, & pineapple.

Then I made a Cucumber Avocado & Dill Soup. It was okay. Too dilly for my taste even though I used less dill than called for in the recipe called.



Next I made a Rich Cheddar Cheese to put on the Energy Flat bread that I dehydrated last night for a raw PIZZA!! I topped each mini pizza with chopped tomato and portabella mushrooms. This came out really good and I ate a bunch. YUMMMMY!!! Even my SAD family tried it and loved it!

I made Mozarella Cheese which came out so-so. Again, too salty. Maybe my taste is changing as my body goes through the transition from SAD to raw.

I finished the day off with a smoothie that consisted of Spinach, Blueberries, Coconut water, hemp protein powder, maca and a wee bit of cacao poweder. And I also had a few cacao brownie bites.

The worst part of my day was the CLEANUP!! I had a BUNCH of dirty dishes, appliances and dehydrator trays and mesh sheets. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment