Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 3 - A Smooth(ie) Day!

Sheesh! Am I still alive? We have a blood pressure machine and every now and then I check my pressure - not because I need to, but just because I can, and out of curiousity. Today it was 90/68. LOL. I'm so blessed because I LOVE salt!

Okay, enough of that. Day 3 went quite smoothly. We were at our charity event today and I was surrounded by danish, cookies, brownies, and fudge but had absolutely no desire for any of it. Yeah!!

Today, I consumed:

1-1/2 quarts of Green Smoothie (Almond Milk, Red Grapes, Orange, Carrots, Peach, Strawberries, Broccoli, Spinach, Pineapple, Banana)

Buckwheat bars

1/2 Pineapple

1/3 Watermelon

Goji Slice bites

Raw Potato Chips that I made last night - oh! They turned out pretty good too; however, I do prefer the Potato Chip Recipe (right) to the Vinegar one (left). The vinegar was very strong, the Potato Chip was very mild but definitely needed more salt. I have some ideas about revising the recipe.

Salad (Romaine, Red & Yellow Peppers, Broccoli, Green Onion, Tomato, Cukes, Walnuts, Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds, Raisins, Carrots) I ran out of regular Flaxseed Oil, so I used Balsamic Vinegarette instead.

Cacao Brownie bites. These turned out to be really good. Sure wish I could remember which recipe I used!

Bottle alkaline water.

I didn't group the food I ate into categories because we were out at the charity event, so it was an atypical day. I pretty much had my smoothies this morning and then grazed all afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment