Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 25 & 26 - Time flies!!

Wow, I can't believe how fast time flies when you get old! LOL!!

On Sunday, day 25 of my 31 day challenge, I didn't have a chance to try the Cranberry Sauce, so instead, I created a smoothie based on a recipe I make for Thanksgiving called Cranberry Jello Salad. It's has cherry jello, cranberries, chunks of orange, diced celery, apple chunks and sugar.

Cranberry Salad Smoothie
Almond Milk (next time I'll try it with water)
1/2 cup cranberries (next time I'll use 2/3 cup)
1 Fuji apple, peeled and quartered
1 orange, peeled and quartered (next time I'll use 2)
1 1/2 stalks of celery (next time - 2 stalks)
1/2 cup red grapes

It came out pretty good, but with the almond milk, was too creamy. I think it would have been even better with water.

By the time I left for work, all I had was this smoothie, so when I got home, I was starving. I made a salad but my step-daughter made a pumpkin bread and, well, I ate a slice. Shame on me! But it was good!

I munched on grapes, a banana and then we polished off a veggie platter of celery, broccoli and carrots. Had a bottle of water.


Day 26
Went to the gym this morning and had a bottle of water.

Came home and had a protein smoothie: Almond Milk, Banana, Vanilla Bean, Peanut Butter, Scoop of Hemp Protein Powder.

Worked in the yard for four hours - had another bottle of water.

After a nice soothing bath in the jacuzzi, I made a salad, then had a slice of banana bread , some Energy Flat Bread with Mock Salmon Pate. The banana bread was sent home with my step-daughter's boyfriend so that's out of my system! Tomorrow will be a better day. It's supposed to rain, so I'll have plenty of time to try some new recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment