Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 24 - Recipe Surfing

With the holidays just around the corner, I did some raw recipe surfing this evening and have saved approximately 30 recipes. I can't wait to start testing them out, but it will have to wait until Monday as tomorrow is a full day. The recipe I want to start with is:

Carmella's Cranberry Sauce
1 cup cranberries
1 1/2 small oranges
2 medjhool dates
A small piece of fresh ginger, peeled
Dash cinnamon
Dash nutmeg
Dash clove or allspice
Agave until desired sweetness is reached

Whirl in blender til smooth.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I love cranberries and now that watermelons and peaches are gone and grapes are fading fast, time to shift to the fruits of this season. This recipes sounds sooo good! I might be able to squeeze this one in tomorrow between church and work.

As for my consumption today:

Breakfast: Smoothie of Almond milk, Banana, Pineapple, Wheat Grass.

Lunch: Water with Lemon; the most amazing Salad at a local restaurant that included Red and Yellow Peppers, Snow Peas, Squash, Artichoke hearts, Green Onions served over hearts of palm, fresh mushrooms, tomatoes and mixed greens. Mmmmmm...mmmmm...mmmmm. I ate half at the restaurant and half for dinner at home.

Snack Late Afternoon: Some Buckwheat bars and a Banana

Dinner: Other half of my salad from lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment