Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 27 - Cranberry Salad Smoothie

I decided to try something different with my cranberry smoothie. First of all, rather than using almond milk, I decided to juice an apple and use apple juice instead. Next, I increased the amount of cranberries and celery, using 1 cup of cranberries and two full stalks of celery. I was going to use two oranges, but ended up only using one. It came out quite tasty and actually did remind me of the Cranberry Jello salad that I make at Thanksgiving.

Cranberry Salad smoothie - Version 2
Juice of 1 Fuji apple
1 cup cranberries
1 orange, peeled and quartered
2 stalks of celery
1 cup red grapes

Blend and enjoy.

The Cranberry Salad Smoothie was my brunch drink. Then, late in the afternoon I had Carrot/Celery/Apple juice with a scoop of Wheat Grass.

For dinner I'll probably have a salad as well as munch on some Energy Flat Bread with Rich (and Raw) Cheddar Sauce and some of the Fresh Tomato Salsa I made this morning.

Somewhere in all this, I plan to drink a couple of bottles of water.

Wow, I just realized there are only four days left of this 31-day challenge. It's hard to believe that the month of October is almost over ... and the holidays are just around the corner ... and then a new year and another year older. As we get older, the value of time and quality of life seem a lot more crucial than they used to be. Since turning fifty, things that used to be important no longer are, and things that I never thought twice about, I now reflect upon and ponder. Don't waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them, to share the love of Christ because God IS love. You wouldn't know it the way some people react when this topic is brought up, but God truly does love each and everyone of us. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment