Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 17 - Raw Munchies by the Fire

It was quite the chilly day today so I spent the entire day in front of the fireplace with the dog. However, I did venture into the kitchen a few times to whip up some snacks.

I made a pate of raw walnuts, celery, red bell pepper, green onion and a bit of celtic sea salt to have with my Flat Energy Bread.

I also made a smoothie that was incredible!! Typically when I make a smoothie, I throw random raw ingredients into the blender, and every once in a while, I come up with an exceptional one. Today's smoothie was absolutely delish!!

Pineapple Peach Delight
2 cups raw almond milk
2 handfuls of spinach
1 peach
2 handfuls of red grapes
1 slice above 1/2 inch thick of pineapple

The pineapple was thrown in by accident. I was trying to pour the juice of the pineapple into the container when the top slice of pineapple fell in, so I left it. Boy am I glad I did! YUMMMMM!!! If I had another peach, I'd make another one right now. Note to self: pick up peaches at the grocery store tomorrow! lol.

Blend and enjoy!!!

Okay, so what did I consume today?

Breakfast: Raw almond milk in steelcut oats and grawnola with red grapes.

Lunch: Quart of Pineapple Peach Delight smoothie & Energy Flat Bread with pate.

Afternoon: Couple slices of watermelon

Dinner: Salad of romaine, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers, sun flower seeds. Dressing of Flaxseed oil, fresh squeezed lemon juice, himalayan salt and pepper.

In the photo, you will see a green container. Well, I just thought it funny that my sweet hubby bought that for me because he hated me carrying my green smoothies around in a clear glass bottle - or as he calls it my "barf bottle".

No comments:

Post a Comment