Thursday, February 12, 2009

Post Fast

Today went very well. I had fresh squeezed grapefruit juice when I get up this morning. Then I juiced two more grapefruits and blended the juice with a Fuji apple, some spinach and some parsley.

My husband and I went out to lunch and I had vegetable soup (not raw) and a salad. When I got home, I munched on some walnuts and dates. Then for dinner I blanched some green beans and added some crumbled goat cheese (again, not raw), lemon juice, walnuts, sea salt, pepper and flaxseed oil. This evening I had a banana with some dates and a glass of orange juice. So today I was approximately 90% raw.

I was very pleased that I felt fine both yesterday and today in light of the fact that I was only supposed to have fresh squeezed orange juice. I need to do some grocery shopping so I'll have the ingredients to make some raw dishes.

Tomorrow and Saturday will be the real test. My husband and I are going on a couples retreat. I'm not sure how I'm going to eat since we will be at a hotel, but I do know I don't want to go back to eating cooked. The food I ate today that was not raw was borderline acceptable. I will make an exception from time to time, but only if I know it is something that won't throw my digestive system into a tailspin.

I came across the following recipe and cannot wait to try it. It sounds YUMMY!!!

MORNING AFTER DELIGHT

Ingredients
(always use raw & organic for the best flavor!)

1/2 cup Almonds
1/2 cup Walnuts
1/2 cup Cashews
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 cup Goji Berries
1/2 cup Raw Chocolate Nibs
2 TBSP Raw Chocolate Powder
1 TBSP of Raw Honey
4 TBSP of Raw Agave nectar
2 dashes of Sea Salt
2 dashes of Cinnamon

Directions
Chop. Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment