Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I made it!! WOOOOHOOOO!!

Yesterday was the 10th day of the fast! I didn't cheat at all until last night when I ate 10 blueberries!! :)

I only lost ten pounds. I'm a bit disappointed as I was hoping to lose 20. Maybe if I had exercised some, like walking on the treadmill, I might have achieved my goal. Oh well, better ten than none!

Today and tomorrow, I'm supposed to drink fresh squeezed orange juice all day to wake up my digestive system. I did well this morning; however, this afternoon I blended fresh parsley and spinach into my OJ so I can start pumping some greens into my system. Then I ate some blueberries and all went well, so I ate sunflower seeds, then a peeled apple, and finally a small salad of mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes with a dressing of flaxseed oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. YUMMMMM! And finally, I had walnuts and dates. Probably pushed it just a wee bit. I am now on my second glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. SO far, so good!

The whole fast was a lot easier than I had anticipated. I did experience a little bit of cramping in my intestines and my thigh muscles were very sore. Not sure if the thigh pain was from the ten lunges I did at the beginning of the fast or from a vitamin deficiency, but it's all good now.

Tomorrow I'll get back to my raw vegan lifestyle and start exercising again so I can reach my goal. I'm not sure if I want to go as low as 105 pounds, but between 110 and 115 pounds would be great! Only 25 more pounds to go! Maybe I'll do another fast next month.

On another note ... INSANITY IN THE NEWS

I am very disillusioned by something I read this morning with regard to the newly passed astronomical economic stimulus bill. Apparently, according to Natural News, it "contains a provision creating a Big Brother medical authority in the U.S. government that would track all patient health records in a federal database and dictate the decisions of all doctors across the country?" I don't know about you, but I would prefer to dictate the decision about my health and welfare. This is not good!

Then, yesterday, I heard a radio broadcast that said a recent study concluded that multivitamins are useless in preventing cancer and cardio disease in women. What bull! I cannot believe the insantiy of our government!! If that's not bad enough, the FDA is banning Vitamin B6! OMG! LORD HAVE MERCY ON THIS COUNTRY!!

This is what Natural News reported on the Vitamin study:

The mainstream media has predictably picked up on this story, gleefully running it as "proof" that nutrition is worthless and only pharmaceuticals can enhance your health.

What they're not telling you, though, might shock you. Here's the truth about this so-called "scientific" study on multivitamins:

• No multivitamins were even used in the study! The women followed in this study weren't actually given any multivitamins at all. They were simply asked if they take multivitamins!

• There was no quality control in the study. Since no multivitamins were given to women, there was no quality control at all. Did these women take cheap, synthetic vitamins bought at Costco? Or did they take quality supplements from better sources? Nobody knows because it wasn't tracked!

• Most people SAY they take multivitamins, but don't. If you ask most people, they will TELL you they eat healthy, and that they take multivitamins. But in reality they don't. Most people greatly exaggerate the description of their own health habits.

• Multivitamin consumption FREQUENCY was not accurately measured. There was no ability of this study to reliably measure how often consumers actually took their multivitamins. Did they take them once a week? Once a month? Once a year? Even taking them once a year would have counted in this study as "taking multivitamins." Gee, no wonder the results showed no improvement...

In effect, this study did not measure the effects of multivitamins on cancer and heart disease. What it really measured was the degree to which people exaggerate their own claims of health habits, and the degree to which the mainstream media so easily falls for junk science.

The MSM remains utterly clueless about nutrition, and it simply reprints practically any study published in a medical journal, even when that study is obviously based on deceptive science and a pro-Pharma agenda.

All these attacks on vitamin C, vitamin E, antioxidants and multivitamins have the same source: The Big Pharma-funded mainstream media and its effort to try to discredit nutritional supplements in order to please advertisers.


The deception is so infuriating!

No comments:

Post a Comment