Thursday, January 10, 2013

Breathe Naturally

Clearing Congestion with Honey and Essential Oils

Wow!! This stuff really works!! My Naturopathic Doctor mixed up this concoction while I was sitting in his office struggling to breathe and told him how much my lungs hurt.  If you want to try a natural way to relieve chest or nasal congestion, have I got a recipe for you!

It's so simple it's ridiculous!  Just mix up raw local honey with essential oils of Frankincense, Lemon and Peppermint.  That's it!!  So easy, and tasty too ... like liquid candy canes. 

Once it's mixed up, you just scoop up a bit on the tip of a spoon and lick it off while breathing in the vapors. You can try a full teaspoon, but be prepared!  It's powerful!

During my bout with pharyngitis, bronchitis and asthma, I kept a mini Ramekin of this "honey" next to my bed and licked on it through the night whenever I started coughing or wheezing or just plain couldn't breathe. I am very impressed with how well it works, and I love the fact that it's all natural!  Here is the recipe.

BRONCHIAL RELIEF SYRUP

1 tsp raw local honey
2 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil
2 drop of lemon essential oil
3 drops of peppermint essential oil

Mix well.

A friend recently sent me a recipe for natural Vick's Vapor Rub.  I may try to incorporate the honey recipe with the Vapor Rub one and see what I come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment