Saturday, March 28, 2009

Young Coconut Meat – What To Do With It?


I had some coconut meat in the fridge that I really needed to do something with before it went bad. A friend recommended pudding, but I’m out of avocados. So, while making my carrot/celery/apple juice this morning, I had an idea and this is the result:

Tropical Rawgurt

Meat of 2 Young Coconuts
¼ Pineapple (peeled)
5 +/- large Strawberries
1 Banana
1 Vanilla Bean
Approx. 2 TBS. of Agave Nectar (or to taste)

It is the consistency of yogurt, so I decided to call it Tropical Rawgurt. I did a Google search for the term and nothing came up, so it’s my very own creation!!

Sorry, I didn’t get a chance to take pictures. It went that fast! My step-daughter had a bowl full, then I poured some over a bowl of whole oats for me and then my husband finished off the rest. It was scrumptious!! And the best part, no dairy, no preservatives, just pure natural goodness.

I’ll be headed out to pick up some more Young Coconuts today so I can make up another batch. YUMMM!!!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds SOOOO delicious! i'm gonna have to pick up some young coconuts (I find they're quite cheap in Chinatown - sometimes $1.59 (Cdn) each)... rather than the $2.99 in the grocery store.
    thanks for sharing!
    ~n~
    http://lovinglifeandlaughing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pay about $1.49 (USD)at a local health food store. Our grocery stores don't even carry them!!

    Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!! =)

    ReplyDelete