Sunday, August 11, 2013

My New Addiction – Ranchy Dill Dip

OH MY GOSH! This stuff is SOOOO good that even my SAD-eating husband and my DOG love it!! It’s SOOOO good that I’ve polished off a full jar of Vegenaise in less than a week! Since I cannot do dairy or mayonnaise, I’ve missed Ranch dressing but this dip taste – from what I can remember – remarkably like Ranch with a hint of dill.

Mayonnaise is made with soybean oil which is genetically modified, PLUS it messes with hormones.  Soybean oil is about as healthy as High Fructose Corn Syrup - it's NOT good stuff. I avoid soybean oil, corn, and HFCS at all costs.  Vegenaise is an excellent alternative as it is made with grapeseed oil - a healthy oil that has been shown to reduce inflammation and prevent disease. 

Back in March, I posted a recipe for Vegan Dill Dip but have been tweaking it. This version is, by far, much tastier.

Tonight, hubby and I were sitting around the coffee table chomping down on cut veggies and Ranchy Dill Dip. Our lil poochie came up and put his paws on the coffee table… HE WANTED SOME TOO!! Smart dog!


For dinner, I’ve been making open wraps. Well, actually since I make them on romaine, the leaves are too thin to “wrap” them so they’re basically unwrapped wraps.  I spread the Ranchy Dill Dip on the romaine leaf, then layer carrot slices, cucumber slices, avocado chunks, tomato chunks, and sprouts. YUMMMM!!!!




The Ingredients


Ranchy Dill Dip

1/3 cup of Vegenaise (not pictured)
¼ tsp of Garlic powder
¼ tsp of Onion powder
1/8 tsp of Turmeric
1/2 TBSP of Fresh Dill dip, snipped
Salt to taste

Mix together and ENJOY!!!
Did I happen to mention that I LOVE this stuff!  It's is addicting!!



No comments:

Post a Comment