Monday, March 18, 2013

Raw Collard Wraps and Fresh Dilll Dip

I've been in sunny South Florida since the beginning of the month enjoying the balmy weather and helping my mom move from her home into a condo.  This has been the prefect opportunity to introduce her to raw foods.  This week I've been making Collard wraps with freshly made dill dip for lunch and finally got her to try one.  I'm happy to report that she loved it! YAY!!  She especially loved the dill dip.  Double YAY!

I ate my wrap all up before I thought to take a picture; however, I lucked out when I discovered mom was still eating hers, so I grabbed a shot before she polished hers off!  I sure wish I would have had the presence of mind to take a photo when I was assembling the wraps.  Maybe I'll remember tomorrow and add a photo later.

Yep, it was THAT good!  :-9
Collard Wrap Ingredients
Dill Dip (see below for recipe)
Collard leaves
Sprouts (I used Clover this time)
Julienne carrots, spring greens, cucumber
Sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, yellow or orange peppers
Thinly sliced avocado slices

I cut the spine out of the collard and make short wraps.
Then I spread the dill dip onto each collard leaf half.
Next I spread the sprouts and then start layering the veggies.

Since I don't want the wrap to be too sloppy, I don't put a lot of the dill dip on the leaf, just a thin layer.  I put some dip in a small bowl and served it with the wraps for dipping.

Mom's Wrap
Vegan Dill Dip
1 cup of Vegenaise
1/8 tsp Onion powder
1/8 tsp Garlic powder
dash of Sea Salt with Sea Veg (optional)
2 Tbsp cup of snipped fresh Dill
1 Tbsp snipped fresh Parsley

The above measurements are best guess scenario as I did not measure my ingredients.  Be sure to add ingredients to your taste.

If you make this, let me know what you think. Also, I'd love to hear any variations you come up with!

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment