Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Update on My Progress

It's been a while since I posted updated photos of my transition back to rawesome health. When I think back to October of 2004, I recall that I started to lose inches before I actually started to lose weight. This seems to be what is happening again. The difference is, in 2004, I wasn't TRYING to lose weight. I went raw so I could breathe without my asthma meds.

This is what I looked like when I started my journey back in January:


To recap, I had been raw from October of 2004 to July of 2007 when my lifestyle changed and I reverted back to "SAD" eating. I went from an active lifestyle to a sedentary one where I was either sitting in traffic or sitting in front of a computer all day. I put on 45 pounds!! My health declined and I no longer felt Simply Rawesome.

After a 10-day Master Cleanse in March of 2009, I lost 10 pounds.

Since then, I've stayed around 75-85% raw until October 1 when I decided to do the 31-day Challenge and try to stay 100% raw for the month. I don't recall why I didn't take before pictures. My guess is probably because I didn't look that much different than I did after the Master Cleanse.

Below shows how many inches I've lost since March 20th:

Bust: -1"
Waist: -2.75"
Hips: -1.75"
Thigh: -1.25"
Calf: +.50"
Biceps: - .75"

I put on a half inch in my calf muscles from working out at the gym. Yes! I am starting to firm up and slowly get back into shape, the "cheese" is gone from my arms! YAY!!! The "hail damage" on my butt is considerably less! YAY!! But more importantly, my health is improving, my energy level is increasing, my cardio and endurance are definitely better. I'm feeling lighter on my feet - no longer feel like a barge. LOL! Running up and down the stair is no longer a chore, nor do my joints ache.

My body is still detoxing and healing from all the stress of reverting back to "SAD" eating for a year and a half ... and then from my accident in July of 2008. Now I just have to get through the holidays. =

Below are photos I took this morning.

I'd like to lose 20 pounds but I'm not that worried about it. That will happen when my body is ready to let go of the weight. I've been monitoring my pH level so that I stay alkaline. When the body is acidic, it retains fat to protect the organs.

So that is the latest in my journey to return to RAWESOME HEALTH!! With the New Year, I expect a new ME!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky !! Thanks for sharing how your doing and your photos. You notice a difference in your energy and performance at the gym. When we are in the process of changing it works from the inside out. It is only a matter of time before the weight falls off. keep up what your doing and remember to eat lots of greens.
    Love ya Terri ~ Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you're right. My body is detoxing and healing. I'm starting to crave more greens! YAY!! But at least I'm maintaining 95-100% raw. YIPPEE!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great. I have recently endeavored to go raw also. There is a noticeable difference in how I feel and look. I love your blog and I added you to my blogroll. I look forward to reading more of your posts. Thanks:)
    Shannon
    eatablebiomatter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon,

    Thanks! I'm not near where I want to be weight-wise, but I'm getting there.

    Yes, there most certainly is a noticeable difference when we consume raw fruits and veggies. I feel so ALIVE & just plain phenomenal when I am high raw.

    I have two more posts that I've been trying to get on here but due to the holidays, it's been a challenge.

    Thanks for stopping by and for adding me to your blogroll. I look forward to checking out your blog.

    Victoria =)

    ReplyDelete